my life goes on

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back to the land of the living...

Christmas was horrible. I hate to say that, but the overall experience was bad. And I love Christmas! There wasn't nearly enough Christ in it. And way too much family. Or not-family.

Enough said. I won't discuss it.




Anyhow, this is a picture of my venture into dollmaking. I hated this pattern. Some pattern pieces (the head) weren't even included. The patterns were drawn poorly (say, no straight lines?), had no seam allowances indicated on either the pattern sheet or in the instructions, didn't fit together and didn't fit the doll. My "Eat Your Veggies!" is much better written. Perhaps my pattern doesn't need to be re-written to be successful.

Santa is my MIL's Christmas gift. She has a wonderful collection of Father Christmasses, and he's certainly neither the nicest nor the largest. But he is one of a kind! His clothes are very nicely made, if I say so myself, and I did actually knit his sweater and cap myself also. That was before I found the thrift store. If I ever do this again, I'll buy a sweater and cut it up rather than actually knit doll clothes.




This is the man I married. Yes, I took one look at those teeth and that hair style and said "Wow, how can I live the rest of my life without THAT?"














And here is Liz. Without her favorite gray "AF Academy" sweatshirt, she looks much more...elegant? Classy?




My Anna. Isn't she growing up?











More pictures in the next post...Why can't I do more than 4 pictures?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home