my life goes on

Saturday, December 16, 2006

homesick

Major nuclear fallout is occurring here. The funniest part of it has been when, after Bekah having a 4-hour meltdown over not being able to watch "Dr. Who", my father-in-law walked into my room and said "You can't tell me that this is normal behavior". Seriously. I won't Tell All because you never know who is reading blogs. But I am having a hard time trying to walk a tightrope and defend my children from the criticism - forget about me. I can handle whatever they dish out.

I am super homesick for my husband and my dog and all my 'stuff'. Not the clutter , though I do find it comforting, but my art stuff. I didn't realize how much we all are used to creative possibilities. I'm mad at my husband, too, because I feel like he talked me into this situation. And he sure isn't supporting my side of things! My father-in-law thinks I need to sell my sewing machines 'because they take too much space'. My husband said it sounded like a good idea. Now tell me, can one live with such a man?

5 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

Just remember men are men and sometime just say the wrong things. I wish you the best with your husbands family and remember you are a good mom and person. I too would miss my sewing and crafts. If you can find a good quilting magazine and spend time reading it, look at photos online and read blogs. I did all this when I was down and out and found comfort until I could get my life back.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Sher, I am constantly amazed at your strength and preserverence in making sure your children have what they need, including this move. But you need some support too, I sure hope you told Tim what he can do with such "good ideas"!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Ferret said...

Sounds like you need to get back to your art and your sewing machines. It will recharge you and all this fluff will be disarmed. Hope you can get creating soon.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger sher said...

Thank y'all for your comments! I am hopefully getting back to 'life'...

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger sher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home