my life goes on

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Knitting success...



These is my new socks. I knit them my 0wn self. (Anna took the pictures for me). I'm not sure what you call the style of the toe; it looks like the toe on store-bought socks. I couldn't figure out how on earth to graft the stitches together at the end - it took me about 2 hours per sock! I persevered, though. I like how they fit, but I'm not sure I want to suffer through the kitchener grafting again. Perhaps it's hard for me because I'm left handed? The yarn is by Cherry Hill and the pattern is "waterfall rib" from "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch. I'm already knitting another pair using that book - love it love it LOVE it! And the socks fit so nicely!

I did some postcards but mailed them before I took their picture.

For fun today I sorted all (ALL) my thread by colors. It was previously sorted by type (cotton, silk-finish cotton, polyester, rayon, sparkly, etc).

And I started a new job. I am working for Coldwater Creek, in a store here at the local mall. So far, it's ok. I have a hard time with the chipper 'Hi I'm Sherrie' greeting at the door. I'm not sure why , because I can talk anyone's ear off. I get to wear nice clothes, which is a great thing. I love dressing up.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations! on the socks and the job. Coldwater Creek has some nice clothes, I hope you get an employee discount!

I tried knitting some socks, I even have the same book. I got discouraged and made the first sock into a fingerless mitten!!!, the second one still sits on the needles. But everyone LOVES knitting socks, so I'm going to have to try again, maybe with a nice varigated yarn. I love varigated yarn. I'm actually knitting a vest right now, I'm just a few rows short of having the first half done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home