my life goes on

Saturday, July 08, 2006

another nifty thing


"icon" of the Blessed Virgin, praying
.

I have been wanting to do a "Mary" picture for quite a while. I saw a 6th century cross on eBay and thought the design would make a good print. (The Christ on the front side of the cross is the next project). My friend Deric is leaving Columbus for his next assignment , and since he's a very active Knight of Columbus, and he's been singing in the choir for 3 years, I figured this would be a great opportunity to get my Mary done.
I actually cut a linoleum block first:



and printed it on linen, but I wasn't happy with that. I thought about putting it on silk paper, but didn't have a mat.

I am quite pleased with the finished product - at least Mary's eyes aren't crossed. I used Pelmet Vilene for the base of the embroidered mat, and REALLY like that part.

I have two more choir members leaving in two weeks. I guess I'll have to make more!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home