my life goes on

Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Easter Monday!















I went for a walk this morning...and found this wisteria right along my property line! I guess I've just never walked at the right time of year before. They smell lovely. It's a tree form of wisteria. Darn it. I love those twisty, knarled looking wisteria vines. I should be grateful that they're even there. I wonder if I can get in there and dig some up without my neighbor caring. Probably.

I was feeling a bit guilty because I put in pictures of B. and L. and not one of my A. so here she is: Perpetual Motion Girl!





















I found the pattern for these lovely rabbits at Wee Wonderfuls (I don't know how to put the link in yet!). Ain't they cute? They are named Kasuri and Shibori (for fairly obvious reasons). See, honey, I do too use my fabric!




















Below are this year's pysanky. So far. We're still working on them. The picture on the bottom shows two of my new method: vinegar etching. My friend Carla got some new chickens this year which lay colored eggs. Light blue ones don't etch well, as usually the color goes all the way through the shell, but the green eggs (and brown which come from her Buff Orpingtons) have color only on the outside of the shell. When you wax the shell and then dip it in vinegar, the color comes off...

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Sher,
You left a comment and no email address so here is how i will answer.
Most people will travel a bit to take workshops. I know you live in the deep south and I am more than willing to come down if I am invited. I won't just show up. I have to have a contract from someone who sets up a workshop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home